The Big Gull Lake East End Cottage Association (BGLEECA) was established in 1985 and promotes the common interests of the seasonal and permanent residents and landowners of the east end of Big Gull Lake. This lake is situated in North Frontenac Township in the Province of Ontario.
The interests of BGLEECA include, but are not limited to:
- the sound management of the environment of the lake and its adjacent properties
- the maintenance of aquatic, animal, and plant life
- the maintenance of the water quality of the lake
- water safety on the lake
- road safety on the roads that provide access to the lake
Activities relating to our interests include
- the publication of two newsletters each year
- the printing of a cottage association calendar (and an online calendar)
- the encouragement of social activities and interests through the sponsorship of events
For further information about BGLEECA click on the titles, below. Click on the title again to close the item.
BGLEECA is managed by a team of 6 elected directors along with 12 area representatives. Further information about the objectives of the organisation, the membership, and the roles and responsibilities of the directors and area reps can be found in the Charter of Incorporation document.
The History of BGLEECA
A cottage association History was drafted by the first president, Harold Kreiger. Should you have any information to add, please send it to the website manager.
Big Gull Lake Maps
Members of BGLEECA access their cottages by road or water. Various road and dock management groups exist to care for the roads and docks. The main access roads used by our cottagers are: South Shore Drive and Helen Lane on the south side, and Number 10 Drive, Mosquito Lake Parkway, Belcham Lane (E & W), and Old Farm Lane on the north side of the lake. There are several smaller roads off the main cottage roads, and there are some small roads that provide access directly off of Ardoch Road. All of the road and dock groups are separate from the Lake Association and from one another.