The Big Gull Lake East End Cottage Association (BGLEECA) website has been implemented to enhance communication with the membership of the association.
The information available on this site includes our association's history, descriptions and dates of seasonal events, environmental topics, our newsletters, the BGLEECA charter, membership info, and more.
Since BGLEECA is a member of FOCA, our association members can take part in the current FOCA member benifits. Please look at the linked information for FOCA's current member benefits and offers including FOCA Association Insurance and their cottage insurance program.
Check out the Frontenac Five, highlighting five of the can’t-miss events and destinations each month that help you create awesome adventures in Frontenac County. One of the five events is a free light show near Ompah in December at Riverhill farms, located on Struthadam Road, off of River Road.
Frontenac County has posted two volunteer opportunites for participation in either the Frontenac County Planning Advisory Committee (application due by January 5, 2018) or the joint Frontenac Accessibility Advisory Committee (application due by March 10, 2018). Follow this link for details.
NEW! Follow the Big Gull Lake East End Cottage Association on Twitter and join the Big Gull Lake East End Cottage Association group on Facebook . Just click on the logos to stay in touch.
Do you have pictures of the east end of Bill Gull Lake that you'd like to submit for consideration in the BGLEECA calendar? Send them to Judy at ajaj @ rogers.com. Note: you'll have to remove the spaces around the '@' for the email address to work.
The 2017 BGLEECA Annual General Meeting was held on Saturday, August 26th. Thanks for attending! You can read the minutes here.
- The BGLEECA Charter was revised in 2017 and the revisions were approved at the AGM. Details of the changes can be found in the 2017 AGM minutes. The revised charter can be found here: Charter of Incorporation
- For all you fishing enthusiasts out there, Lynda has thoughtfully prepared an article called Hooked on Fish: a brief history of Walleye on Big Gull Lake. Be sure to check it out!
- Do you want to learn more about what lives in Big Gull Lake? Then Lynda's articles about Bluegill and Freshwater Jellyfish are for you!
- FOCA issued a Special Notice on May 4th re Flood Watches and Flood Warnings. Their notice can be seen here. Current information can be viewed on the Ontario Government's Flood Forecasting and Warning Program website.
- A big thanks to all of the vendors and shoppers who particpated in our inaugural water-based DOCK SALE. It took place on Saturday July 08 2017 under somewhat cloudy skies. Although the weather could have been a bit sunnier, quite a number of items were bought and sold. Watch for the Dock Sale again in 2018.
- Check out the items on the Trading Post page . It is a great way for you to share your unwanted cottage items with others who might want them. You can make use of the For Sale / Trade / Rent section, advertise things Lost and Found, or put out some feelers for things you're Looking For.
- Are you interested in the night sky? There are lots of events happening at the North Frontenac Star Gazing Pad at 5816 Road 506 between Plevna and Fernleigh. Events begin at sunset. First up... Jupiter Rising on May 20 & 21.
Check the NorthFrontenac.com events calendar for updates on these and other events.
- Have a look at FOCA's April 2017 Special Notice relating to flood watches and water levels.
- See what's going on with FOCA by reading their April 2017 Elert.
- Check out FOCA's Guide to Healthy Waterfronts... You can read more about FOCA's happenings with their February 2017 Elert.
- BGLEECA's January Newsletter is available. Read it here.
- If you missed the 29th annual Annual General Meeting held on August 20th, 2016, you can look at some of the action here!
- There was lots of fun at the 2016 Kids' Fishing Derby held on August 6th. Have a look at some winning fish!
- Wild Parsnip Alert! Wild Parsnip was found growing in 2017 on the west side of Ardoch road from Helen Lane to Pine Point Way. Be very wary of this invasive plant.
- Have you ever wondered what the Federation of Ontario Cottagers' Associations (FOCA) does? Check out this publication and find out why BGLEECA is happy to support FOCA. You'll find offers listed for associations and for individuals. If you're interested, please contact Ken Grant to get the access codes required.
- Please respect the local fire conditions. The burn ban indicators and fire index status can be found on the home page of the Township of North Frontenac website. A Fire Ban means a total fire ban and shall prohibit: burning of debris, burning in an outdoor incinerator, chimineas, fireworks displays, campfires of any type, and charcoal installations. Thank you for your cooperation.
- FOCA has a new publication, created in conjunction with their partners at the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry, called Managing Your Waterfront Property in a Changing Climate. Click here to see this publication.
- Are you aware that Ompah has a Community Library? It's located in the Ompah Community Centre. Visit the Other Links page for more information.
- The 2015 AGM Minutes can be found here. The 2016 minutes will be posted once they have been approved.
- Are you interested in learning more about invasive species? Check out Ontario's Invasive Species Awareness Program.
- Do you know that you can remit your BGLEECA membership fees and North Shore road fees with E-Transfer through on-line banking? Click here for more information.
- You can help contribute to the monitoring of fish data in Big Gull Lake by completing a form whenever you fish. There's no need to reveal your favourite fishing hole when you contibute to this creel census, which is a record of numbers and kinds of fish caught by anglers. Go to the Resources section for more information and to download the forms.
Site Navigation: Click on the topics found in the blue bar on the right side of the page to go to the different sections. Click on the BGLEECA logo in the top right corner of any page to return to this main page.